If you are looking for a generator to use with your rv or when camping there are some features that you are going to want to consider. The main ones are noise level, clean power and the ability to run off of multiple fuels such as gas or propane. Also you will want a model that offers sufficient watts to power all your equipment, appliances and devices. A long run time is ideal as well.
Many of the top brands offer portable generator models designed especially for the recreation vehicle market.
Top Selling RV Ready Generators
- Generate up to 6000 starting watts and 5000 running watts
- 3.4 gallon fuel tank provides up to 7.5 hours of half-load runtime
- Compact design combined with wheel and handle kit maximize portability
- Your purchase includes One Champion 3500-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator and One LPG Hose with Regulator
- Portable Generator dimensions – 23.2” L x 19.1" W x 20" H | Product weight – 104.9 lbs. | Hose length – 3.3’
- Specifications: Noise level – 68 dBA. Fuel tank capacity (GASOLINE) – 3.4 gallons | Engine Size 224cc
- 3600 Running Watts and 4650 Peak Watts; Recoil Start; 4 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge; Up to 13.5 Hours of Run Time Per Tank
- Features One 5–20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle, One RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Receptacle, and One L5-30R 30 Amp Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- 12, 000 peak watts/ 9, 500 Rated watts (gasoline) & 10, 800 peak watts/ 8, 550 Rated watts (LPG)
- Dual fuel capability allows you to choose between gasoline & LPG fuel sources; great for emergency situations or natural disaster as LPG may be more readily available and easy to store
- The 457cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke, air cooled, OHV engine with electric start is protected by a durable powder coated frame
- Plenty of Power – With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 224cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- Super Quiet: power output 68 dB makes BILT HARD inverter generator became great choice for emergency backup in a power outage, strong enough to run a wide variety of appliances, equipped with Integrated smooth-rolling casters for portability, perfect for use at home, RV or while camping.
- Inverter Technology: Using advanced inverter technology this super quiet generator produces a pure sine wave power curve that is safe to use with sensitive electronics. Furthermore, 120V rated output voltage can ensures power that is as reliable as the power you get from your outlets at home.
- Product Parameter: Gas powered - Electric & Recoil Start - 212cc 4-stroke air-cooled OHV gas engine - 3400 rated watts and 4000 peak watts - Two 120V 20 Amp outlets & 12V 8A D.C output & 12V DC cigar lighter - Two USB outlets - Electronic overload protection -Auto voltage adjuster - Oil alert system.
Last update on 2021-10-09 at 09:18 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Here are some of the most important features people want when shopping for a new generator.
- Remote start
- Electric start for easy starting even in cold weather
- Dual fuel to run on either gas or propane
- Light weight
- Long run time
- 68 dba or less maximum noise operating level for quiet operation
- Clean electricity to run sensitive electronic equipment
- 12 Volt DC Outlets
- USB Outlets
- Able to work in parallel by connecting another generator to increase power (usually requires optional kit)