A portable generator can be a handy piece of equipment when you need to have electrical power at the ready. However many models can generate plenty of noise as well when they are running. This can cause problems if you have neighbors in close proximity or if you are in a campsite or rv park. It can also be hard on you or your family to have to hear a load constant noise all day or night.
The good news is that there are plenty of portable generators that are designed to operate quietly and with much less noise then you might expect. Some models operate in the range of 47 to 58 decibels which is around the level of a normal conversation. Delivering clean power, these models will safely provide reliable power for all your electronic and electrical devices. These generators are also designed with long run times so they can be relied upon for important tasks.
Below are some of the top rated quiet portable generators on the market.
The Westinghouse iGen2200 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator – 1800 Rated Watts and 2200 Peak Watts – Gas Powered – CARB Compliant model is the perfect quiet generator for home backup or camping use with a noise level down to 52 decibels.
It weighs only 46 lbs and provides 1800 running watts with a 2200 surge watt rating. Provided are 2 120V outlets as well as 2 USB outlets to charge your smartphones or tablets.
It is also very fuel efficient and at a 25% load it can run for up to 12 hours. If you require more power there is an optional cord that allows you to operate two units in parallel.
This Honda generator is one of the most popular generators that will not disturb the neighbors. Its noise level when running is under 57 dBA which is less then a normal conversation.
It provides clean power which is safe and reliable for all your devices and equipment. Running time is between 4 t0 9.6 hours which will depend on how many devices you have plugged in and are using power for.
Weighing in at only 47lbs this model is lightweight and portable enough for most anyone’s needs. It runs on gasoline only and puts out 2,200 watts and 120 volts.
Another popular quiet generator is the WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator, CARB Compliant model. This model also runs at a noise level of a normal conversation.
It provides 1600 watts of running power and has a 2000 surge watt rating. It is designed to give clean power that is safe for laptops, cell phones and other electronic devices. A handy 5V USB port is also included as well as a 12V DC receptacle and 2 120V 3 prong AC receptacles.
Weighing 48 lbs it is portable enough to take with you on camping trips. It has a run time of up to 6 hours on half-load.
If you are looking for an RV Ready portable generator then check out the list of the most popular models.
Other Popular Quiet Portable Generators To Choose from
- Produces 2000 starting watts with 1600 running watts of clean and safe power for sensitive electronics, such as phones, televisions, laptops, and other electronics
- Quiet operation at only 58 decibels
- Light weight at only 46 pounds, providing compact and easy portability
- Advanced Open Frame Inverter Design: 50% quieter and 20% lighter than a traditional Champion 3500-watt generator, plus our Economy Mode feature saves fuel and extends engine life
- Quiet Technology and Extended Run Time: 64 dBA is great for RVs, tailgating, your next project or home backup, with 4000 starting watts and 3500 running watts for up to 17 hours run time on gasoline
- Clean electricity for sensitive electronics: RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean power (less than 3% THD) and 12V DC outlet with dual USB adapter
- 7500 rated watts & 9500 peak watts (gasoline); 6750 rated watts & 8550 peak watts (propane); 6. 6 gallon fuel tank with fuel gauge; electric push button start with Remote key fob
- Intuitive control panel features two GFCI 5-20R 120V household Duplex outlets and one L14-30R 120/240V 30A twist-lock outlet; outlets have rubber covers for added safety
- Plug-and-play: comes with a Remote start key fob, 12V Battery charger, oil, an oil funnel, a tool kit, and a user's Manual to get you started right out of the box (minimal assembly required)
- Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 110.8 lb
- EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
- Ultralight body weighs in at a mere 39 pounds for easy transport and storage
- Extremely quiet operation comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Produces 2000 surge watts and 1700 rated watts of clean power for safe charging of sensitive electronics (phones, tablets, televisions, computers, etc.)
- 3700 Rated Watts and 4500 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD – Telescoping Handle – Gas Powered – Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start
- Features a 5–20R 120V Duplex Household Outlet, an RV-Ready Tt-30R 30 Amp Outlet and Two USB Outlets – Great Choice for Travel Trailers or Home Use – Strong Enough to Run All Your Essentials
- Led Data Center: Rotating Digital Display Shows Fuel Level, Power Output, Remaining Run Time, Voltage Output, and Lifetime Hours
Last update on 2020-09-18 at 00:31 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API